Kihei Fourth Friday Town Party
“Something for Everyone in August”
Friday, August 22, 2014
Kihei, Maui, Hawaii – Come to the south shore of Maui for Kihei’s Fourth Friday Town Party on August 22nd from 6 to 9 p.m. at Azeka Shopping Center – Mauka, the “heart and soul” of Kihei. Enjoy a night out with “something for everyone in August” featuring the funky Bluegrass of Flat Jackson and the upbeat rhythms of Pacific Empire, and Hula by Halau Hula Ola’ i Hou. Sista Val will MC. Enjoy food, art, crafts, and plenty of great shopping deals. Other highlights include the popular Keiki/Youth Zone, Games, Activities, Bubbles, Face Painting and more.
Royal Kings will be performing in Food Court.
Bring a non-perishable Food Donation for The Maui Food Bank.
- 6:00 – 6:05pm – Opening Announcements by MC Sista Val
- 6:05 – 6:10 p.m. – Opening blessing
- 6:10 – 6:40 p.m. – Hula by Halau Hula Ola’ i Hou
- 6:40 – 6:45pm - Announcements by MC Sista Val
- 6:45 – 7:30p.m. – Pacific Empire
- 7:30 – 7:40pm. – Announcements by MC Sista Val
- 8:55 – 9:00pm - Closing Announcements by MC Sista Val
- The Keiki/Youth Zone provides a place for family-friendly activities and arts & crafts for children and teens. The popular Bubble Magic will be back!!! Highlights include DJ Dan Weisman, NE Kine Entertainment Karaoke, Games, Balloons, Face Painting, Bubbles and Activities. Mahalo to Montessori and Kihei Charter School!
- There will be a large food court area with many local taste treats! Food Vendors include: Smoke 'n Spice BBQ, Donut Dynamite, Awaken Tea Kombucha, Jini's Curry, Cafe Au-Hoon, Monsoon India, Maui Samosas, Hawaiian Moons, A & E Oriental Mart, Stew'z Maui Burgers, One Love Maui, Al's BBQ, Maui Cane Juice, Poi Mochi, Surfside Deli and Wow Wow Waffles.
There will also be Food Trucks with great choices including: Dibs on da Ribs,
Three's Bar and Grill, Horhito's Tacos, Jawz Fish Tacos, 808 Plates Maui, Tikiz Shave Ice,
Kinaole Grill, SG Funnel Cakes and 808 Street Grindz.
- In Addition, Azeka Shopping Center has a variety of eateries: Coconuts Fish Café, Diamonds Icebar & Grill, HomeMaid Café, Izakaya Matsu, Java Café, Ono Gelato, Panda Express, Peggy Sue’s, Roasted Chiles, Royal Thai Cuisine, Taco Bell, and Vietnamese Cuisine. Entertainment by Royal Kings.
- Maui Fine Arts, Lako Kula Designs, Marie Minichino, Rock & Vibe Jewelry, Shaka Pops, Hawaii Blue, D-Creations, Boobie Shack, LLC, Kanakala Pacific Trade, Jonerz and the Sparrow LLC, Cottingham Management, Honi Designs, Salter, Maui Vintage (Kula Herbs), Native Armor Clothing, Hokulea Punkalicious, SOS Enterprise LLC, Hawaii Fudge Company, The Maui Cookie Lady, 808 Shells, A Hui Ho Storage, Paradise Now, C Moore Glass, Frikum (Be Aloha), Cesar Galaviz, Wanderlust, HI Minded Creations, Maui Macaroons, Tropical Lanes, Glee Associates, Mechanics of Healing, pilialoha.keiki, 808 Clothing, Fresh Local Product, Hawaii Copters & Art, and KZZ Enterprise.
Visit these fine Azeka Shopping Center Merchants:
The Maui Quilt Shop, AA Oceanfront Rentals, Ace Hardware, Bank of Hawaii, B&B Scuba, Blue Water Rafting, Cheryl Ayabe, Optometrist, Endangered Pieces, Enterprise Rent A Car, ERA Pacific Properties, Fortune Chiropractic, Hawaiian Cruisers, Island Art Party, Jonathan Thomas, DDS, Kaiser Permanente, Kihei Community Association, Kihei Orthodontics, Kihei Wailea Flowers by Cora, Maui Classic Charters, Maui Powerhouse Gym, Marielis Jepson, Psychologist, Pay Day Hawaii, ProArts Inc, Radio Shack, Snorkel Bob’s, Starr West Salon, State Farm Agency, Territorial Savings Bank, Tesoro Gas Station/ Mini Mart, The Water Store, U.S. Post Office, White Pebbles and Zen Tattoo & Art Gallery.
Volunteers and Special Donations:
- Malama Maui Nui (formerly Community Work Day Program), Maui Crush Soccer, Maui High School Key Club, The Gym Maui and Sound by Superb Audio.
Special Thanks to: Ao‘ao Ona Loko I‘a Omaui, Azeka Shopping Center, Embellished Memories, Hawaiian Moons Natural Foods, Java Café, KONI 104.7 FM, Maui Police Department, Maui Weekly, Morey Inc., MW Group, Ltd., Penny Palmer Photography, Soul Kitchen and Tri-Isle RC&D, and Two Mermaids on Maui, LLC. Individuals from these organizations make up the Kihei Fourth Friday Committee which is 100% Volunteer.
About Kihei Fourth Friday Town Parties:
Kihei Friday Town Parties are on the Fourth Friday of every month. Find us at www.kiheifridays.com, www.facebook.com/kiheifridays, twitter.com/kiheifridays and pinterest.com/kiheifridays/.
About Friday Town Parties:
Maui Friday Town Parties is an initiative developed by the Maui County Office of Economic Development to showcase our island’s historic towns and celebrate the unique nature of their businesses communities. There is a town party nearly every Friday of the month: Wailuku First Friday, Lahaina Second Friday, Makawao Third Friday and Kihei Fourth Friday.
For questions, contact the Maui County Office of Economic Development at email@example.com or 808.270.7710.