Dreadful Fun with Marty Dread plus Benny Uyetake and Kamakakehau Fernandez
Kihei, Maui, Hawaii – Come to the south shore of Maui for Kihei’s Fourth Friday Town Party on October 24th from 6 to 9 p.m. at Azeka Shopping Center – Mauka, the “heart and soul” of Kihei. Come “Play in Kihei” and have “Dreadful Fun with Marty Dread”, plus Maui’s own Benny Uyetake Band and Award winning Falsetto Artist Kamakakehau Fernandez. Also enjoy a special “Thriller” Dance performance by Shooting Stars Dance. Sista Val will MC. Enjoy food, art, crafts, and plenty of great shopping deals. Other highlights include the popular Keiki/Youth Zone, Games, Activities, Face Painting and more.
Joel Katz will be performing in Food Court.
Please bring a non-perishable Food Donation for The Maui Food Bank.
• 6:00 – 6:05p.m. – Opening Announcements by MC Sista Val
• 6:05 – 6:35p.m. – Opening blessing/ Music by Kamakakehau Fernandez
• 6:45 – 6:55p.m. – “Thriller” by Shooting Stars Dance
• 6:55 – 7:00p.m. – Announcements by MC Sista Val
• 7:00 – 7:45p.m. – Benny Uyetake Trio
• 7:45 – 7:55p.m. – Announcements by MC Sista Val
• 7:55 – 8:55p.m. – Marty Dread
• 8:55 – 9:00p.m. – Closing Announcements by MC Sista Val
• The Keiki/Youth Zone provides a place for family-friendly activities and arts & crafts for children and teens. Highlights include DJ Dan Weisman, NE Kine Entertainment Karaoke, Games, Balloons, Face Painting, Bubbles and Activities. Mahalo to Montessori and Kihei Charter School!
• There will be a large food court area with many local taste treats! Food Vendors include:
Badua’s, Sumo Dog, Donut Dynamite, Jini’s Curry, Monsoon India, Maui Samosas, Tacos Maui 8th Wonder, Al’s BBQ, Jah Dogs, Smoke n Spice BBQ, AE Oriental Food Mart, One Love Maui, and Wow Wow Lemonade.
• There will also be Food Trucks with great choices including: Dibs on da Ribs, Three’s, Horhito’s Tacos,Jawz, 808 Plates Maui, Tikiz Shave Ice, Kinaole Grill, SG Funnel Cakes, 808 Street Grindz, Milagros, and Poi Mochi.
• In Addition, Azeka Shopping Center has a variety of eateries: Coconuts Fish Café, Diamonds Icebar & Grill, HomeMaid Café, Izakaya Matsu, Java Café, Ono Gelato, Panda Express, Peggy Sue’s, Roasted Chiles, Royal Thai Cuisine, Taco Bell, and Vietnamese Cuisine. Entertainment by Joel Katz.
• Beads Lead to Success, Boobie Shack, Glee Associates, Hale Kau Kau, Hawaii Blue, Jonerz & Sparrow, Kanakala Pacific Trade, The Maui Cookie Lady, Maui Fine Arts, No Ka Oi Nut Company, Rock & Vibe Jewelry & Art, Shaka Pops, SOS Enterprises, Morey Inc, Wanderlust, Maui Search & Rescue, Dept of Health, Paradise Now, Phillip Sabado Art Studios, 808 Clothing, Bellasolshade, Fresh Local Product, Frikum (Be Aloha), Giving Bracelets, Glee Associates, Hula Cookies & Ice Cream, KZZ Enterprise, Maui Macaroons, Mechanics of Healing, Origami Owl/ Pink Plumeria Creations, Rotary Club of Kihei Sunrise Foundation, Salter, Tropical Lanes, Enchantress Boutique, C Moore Glass, Bodhi Waves, and Awakening in Paradise LLC.
• Visit these fine Azeka Shopping Center Merchants:
The Maui Quilt Shop, AA Oceanfront Rentals, Ace Hardware, Bank of Hawaii, B&B Scuba, Beauty Spa Maui, Blue Water Rafting, Cheryl Ayabe, Optometrist, Endangered Pieces, Enterprise Rent A Car, ERA Pacific Properties, Fortune Chiropractic, Hawaiian Cruisers, Island Art Party, Jonathan Thomas, DDS, Kaiser Permanente, Kihei Community Association, Kihei Orthodontics, Kihei Wailea Flowers by Cora, Maui Classic Charters, Maui Powerhouse Gym, Marielis Jepson, Psychologist, Pay Day Hawaii, ProArts Inc, Radio Shack, Snorkel Bob’s, Starr West Salon, State Farm Agency, Territorial Savings Bank, Tesoro Gas Station/ Mini Mart, The Water Store, U.S. Post Office, White Pebbles and Zen Tattoo & Art Gallery.
Volunteers and Special Donations:
• Malama Maui Nui (formerly Community Work Day Program), Maui Crush Soccer, Maui High School Key Club, The Gym Maui and Sound by Superb Audio.
Special Thanks to: Azeka Shopping Center, Embellished Memories, Hawaiian Moons Natural Foods, Java Café, KONI 104.7 FM, Maui Police Department, Maui Weekly, Morey Inc., MW Group, Ltd., Penny Palmer Photography, Soul Kitchen and Tri-Isle RC&D, and Two Mermaids on Maui, LLC.
About Kihei Fourth Friday Town Parties:
Kihei Friday Town Parties are on the Fourth Friday of every month. Find us at www.kiheifridays.com, www.facebook.com/kiheifridays,
twitter.com/kiheifridays and pinterest.com/kiheifridays/.
About Friday Town Parties:
Maui Friday Town Parties is an initiative developed by the Maui County Office of Economic Development to showcase our island’s historic towns and celebrate the unique nature of their businesses communities. There is a town party nearly every Friday of the month: Wailuku First Friday, Lahaina Second Friday, Makawao Third Friday and Kihei Fourth Friday.
For questions, contact the Maui County Office of Economic Development at email@example.com or 808.270.7710.